The holiday shopping season is upon us, and we know it can be tough to stick to your budget. Here are 7 holiday shopping hacks to make sure you find exactly what you need—and don’t spend more than you should.
Tips to Follow:
- Make a list and check it twice. When you shop with a list in hand, and you’re careful to stick to it, you can make responsible shopping decisions.
- Compare prices. All it takes is a few quick clicks or taps to check if the item you want is available somewhere else for less. You can also use a price-checking app, like ShopSavvy, to search for the hottest deal.
- Don’t shop alone. Grab a friend to help keep you on track as you shop. Share your budget with them, or let them know which gifts you’ll be looking for on this trip.
- Take advantage of rebates and refunds. Want to get paid to shop? When you make a purchase through a rebate app like Earny or Rakuten, you get cash back for every purchase.
- Buy discounted gift cards. You can find discounted gift cards on sites like Raise and CardCash for big-name brands like Lowe’s, Starbucks, Amazon, and more.
- Shop with coupons. Before completing an online purchase, do a quick search of sites, like RetailMeNot, to check for available coupons that can bring down the price. You can also use a browser extension (like Honey) that will automatically find and apply coupons while you shop.
- Buy electronics on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. The Black Friday deals you’ll find on TVs, laptops, audio equipment, and other electronics will likely be the best you’ll find all year.
Use these tips to save big on gift shopping this year! Looking for ways to save money on your loans or trim your budget? Contact our team to see how we may be able to help.